Accounts Payable Specialist Job Description:
Accounts Payable Specialists are responsible for entering accounts payable invoices in a timely manner. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of the accounts payable process. Works diligently to ensure accuracy. Consults with senior personnel on processes or errors to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three (3) years of working in accounts payable or equivalent experience.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare invoices for payment, including collection of proper documentation.
- Coding of and entering invoices to the general ledger.
- Review of accounts payable invoices
- Maintain files of all invoices
- Post ACH and wire payments against invoices
- Credit Card Reconciliation
- Expense Report Reconciliation
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- NetSuite experience preferred.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent follow-up and follow through abilities.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- This position is located at the corporate office.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Finance or related discipline preferred.