The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource onboarding and terminating processes for both field and office employees. This role administers employee onboarding and processes terminations. This position resolves onboarding-related problems and ensures effective use of systems and positive employee relations. The Human Resource Coordinator makes certain that Verifications of Employment and Unemployment requests are completed in accordance with federal and state regulations. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Verification of Employment requests.
- Responds to unemployment claims.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online onboarding requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Tracks status of candidates in the onboarding process and responds with appropriate follow-up at the end of the recruiting process.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Sets new-employee locations in Movista.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.