Accounts Receivable Specialist Job description:
Accounts Receivable Specialists are responsible for the resolution of open aging – proactively inquiring about collections, applying payments, and researching and addressing unpaid, denied and partially paid invoices. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of the accounts receivable process. Works diligently to ensure accuracy. Consults with senior personnel on processes or errors to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three (3) years of working in accounts receivable or equivalent experience.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply payments to open receivables.
- Address denial and partial payment of invoices both timely and accurately through appropriate collection workflow processes.
- Diagnosis and report to management customer issues with regards to rejection trends and denials, working to improve end-to-end business processes.
- Weekly reporting of A/R Aging
- Interact with customers to resolve billing, cash and claim discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate documentation of claim file activities.
- Address accounts receivable inquiries.
- Send out monthly customer statements.
- Make collection efforts if needed.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- NetSuite experience preferred.
- Collection history preferred.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent follow-up and follow through abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- This position will work remote and must have the discipline and work ethic to conduct business on a day-to-day. Though currently remote, this position may be asked to come into the corporate office from time to time or may be asked to work permanently at the corporate office in the future.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Finance or related discipline preferred.